*****UPDATE*****

What are you still doing here? I've merged all my projects into one space. Come visit me over at No More Empty Fortune Cookies. Be sure to update your link. :)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And Justice for Some

I finished this one today. I'm liking this new medium and technique. I think I'll keep experimenting.


detail of top left corner

detail of finished studio sides


notice Lady Liberty is blindfolded, while standing on the married women's hands

Detail of holding hands



The words peeking through the paint, down the center of the canvas reads
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

6 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very current and important, cool political art! Nicely done.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Great job!

Anndi said...

From a beautiful artist's heart comes a very poignant living piece.

Outstanding!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love it!

New here; great artwork!

Fortune Cookies said...

Crabby- Thanks! please come back anytime :)

Fortune Cookies said...

mary, from one of my favorite current artists, a compliment, I'm blushing. Thanks!

RLL- Thanks so much! We gotta get together and make more art!

anndi- awwww shucks!